Thursday, June 14, 2012

Coach As Servant

The last time I coached gymnastics, I was doing it for myself. I just needed a job and it was fun and convenient for me so why not? This summer, though, I've found a tremendous joy in a new approach.

Right from the start, I've felt a longing to know the girls I'm working with and how to best meet their needs. I want to see them be successful for themselves and to give them something to be proud of. I want them to get excited. I'm a tough coach, but gentle too. You'll work, but you'll enjoy and learn from it, and be stronger because of it.

In a way, it feels like I've found a way to bring Christ into my every decision and action and word as a coach, and be there to guide and truly serve these girls. I hope they can see where I'm coming from. They trust me so much, and I want to let the Lord shine through me so they have someone worth trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment