Saturday, May 14, 2011

Put Me Back Together

Bad meet doesn't really even describe it. My steps were awful, I lacked confidence and I even landed in the box while my pole went flying over 15 feet away. I was disappointed, but I got the sense that God was trying to speak to me.

My teammates did incredibly well, so it didn't leave me time to retreat, pray, and learn until much later. In the meantime, I helped coach them and was overwhelmed with joy for their successes. Then, I finally got my time with the Lord.

Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. 1 Chronicles 16:15

A covenant is a promise and God's promises are always true. He promises to clothe us in righteousness, to never leave or forsake us, to raise us as He raised Christ Jesus, to remove our guilt and shame, to provide an abundant life, to break the yoke of our slavery, and to always make grace abound in our lives.

God's ways are higher than, so of course I wish my meet (and season) would have gone differently. But I know that the Lord was glorified and I was able to stand as a witness of faith to so many of my teammates, fellow competitors, coaches, and even spectators.

We just never know what the Holy Spirit is going to do. All I know is that my Lord is always watching over me; His hand is in every piece of my life. So when I fell and failed, He used His mighty word to put me back together again. I spent every minute of dinner and team meetings just waiting to get back into His presence and hear what He was whispering to me. It's amazing what we can hear when we actually listen.




And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment