Thursday, May 12, 2011

In Heaven, There Will Be...

I read a very interesting post about Heaven yesterday from Tenth Avenue North. You can read it here . It's all about how we have these conceptions of what Heaven is going to be like - we're going to have all of our favorite things and be able to hang out and do whatever we want. As the writer points out, there is no biblical reasoning for this conception. It says that day and night, people are bowing down and singing praises to the Lord; we sit forever in His presence.

How often do you hear people saying that they hope they get to Heaven, or that if they know a good person maybe that will help? If we look strictly at the Bible, Heaven really is going to be us in the presence of our Savior, praising Him 24/7 for eternity. If you don't absolutely love God with all of your heart, if He isn't your sole desire, why would you want to be in Heaven?

That verse I talked about earlier, Philippians 1:21 seems to come back to mind. If dying is to be a reward, then your life has to be Christ. If your life isn't built around the cross, Heaven is probably going to be a disappointment.

Well, it just got me thinking and since I have the space to say whatever I want, I figured I would. Amazing how one blog post can cause you to think so critically about your entire life, all of your desires and hopes.

"If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or watching TV, or going to the movies, or talking to friends, rather than just sitting alone with God and embracing Him, sharing His cares and His burdens, weeping and rejoicing with Him, then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence...? You'd be bored to tears in heaven, if you're not ecstatic about God now!" Keith Green





Lord, let me be so lovesick for You alone. Change my heart that You would truly and honestly be the deepest and sole desire of my heart. Let my love for You grow eternally, and let me look forward to sitting in Your presence and singing Your praise unceasingly. Help me to let go of all the world holds dear and cling to Calvary's cross. Make my life Your own. Amen

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. Revelation 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment