Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Thing Remains

This track season has been pretty rough, and my collegiate career has, in general, been nowhere near my high school one. I was thinking about this last night; even though I was so much better in high school, I really wasn't that upset about it. God has given me such peace, because I know I'm where He wants me to be.

This morning, I found out that the marks at the meet were wrong; I thought I'd made a lower height than I actually did. The height I really made was my best one this season, and I've improved at every meet this outdoor season. Even though it's still not as good as I was several years ago, it feels good to know that I am getting better relative to the right now.

So what have I learned through this? I think it's that no matter what is going on in life, the Lord is still God, and He is always good. His grace is freely given; His love is unending and overpowers absolutely everything. I also think that peace stems from joy, and not happiness. Happiness is an emotion that is fleeting, but joy comes from deep within, that sense that God is good at all times, in every season. Yesterday, I just felt so incredible. I didn't do that well, my teammates didn't do that well, but it was a nice day, and the joy of the Lord was satisfying me. I just love how He's always pursuing us, and never tires.



Lord, thank You for being a loving, sovereign God. I love Your presence; I could sit in it forever. I am just overwhelmed by how much I love who You are. Amen.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment