Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lord, You Move Me

After an amazing, crazy blessed weekend, things had finally settled down, and I was in need for some recharge time. I queued up my iPod to my soothing worship playlist of the moment, and set out for a walk. But as I was walking to the park, I was just completely swept away in how truly incredible the Lord is. The cross is the picture of eternal love, a portrait of redemption by a perfect Savior who was willing to take my punishment.

That kind of thing is so powerful, and something about tonight was making it extra special. Maybe it was because my sister visited this weekend, maybe it was spending time with my wonderful friends (and making some new ones), but in that moment, I'd never felt more loved. It wasn't enough to sing - I was compelled to dance. I took my sweater off, clipped my iPod to my hip, and just moved freely. I'm not trained in dance, but I took classes as a gymnast to improve my choreography. Lyrical dance to me is so smooth, and even though it's physically hard, it's relaxing for my mind. It didn't matter who saw me; this dance wasn't for anyone but the Lord. I was using my whole body to empty my heart in praise. So lovely, so wonderful, there are hardly words.




Lord, how I love You. You move the deepest parts of my soul. You amaze me more each and every day, Jesus. I want to touch You; I want to do something that makes You smile, Lord. I want to be able to pour out my whole self to You at all times, to just give You everlasting glory and praise and honor. Thank You for music, Lord, and for the song in my heart that demands a dance to go along. That was so beautiful; God I am in awe of Your beauty and wonder. In the name of my Savior I pray, Amen

Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp. Psalm 149: 3

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment