Saturday, October 15, 2011

In Christ

As I said before, I've had a really exhausting week. Today we left for our cross country race at 6:15am, when the campus was dead as a doornail. I don't leave my room without getting into the Word, so I read a few chapters of Hosea (by now, y'all should know how I feel about Hosea) and Psalms.

On the bus, as the sun was rising, I was continuing my reading of Hosea and one of my new favorite songs came through my headphones. I was thinking about how spectacular our relationship is with our Maker, that through the cross, we are made to be the bride of the Lord. We "play the harlot", acting as mistress to so many things and people. We look everywhere but to God, when He is truly the One that we need.

When I'm on the bus like that, I'm not totally aware of my location. But I always know that I'm in Christ, that He's called me His own. He chased after my heart so hard that He gave His life to win me over. And it was never about me; I think that's the best part. It was to show that there is one God and one love. And we live in Him.

I'm going to type out the lyrics that moved me this morning:

Dwelling Place - Gateway Worship

You excite me
You surprise me
You pursue me
You move me
Like a whirlwind You lift me
Like a whisper You kiss me

For in You I find my dwelling place
In You I find amazing grace
In You I find security
Jesus You're all I need

I am standing
And not falling
'Cause You're ending
What You're starting
You won't leave me
Or deceive me
You'll always guide me
Always hide me in You

For in You I find my dwelling place
In You I find amazing grace
In You I find security
Jesus You're all I need




“ I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the LORD.
“ It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer,” says the LORD;

“I will answer the heavens,
And they shall answer the earth.
The earth shall answer
With grain,
With new wine,
And with oil;
They shall answer Jezreel.
Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,

‘ You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’”

Hosea 2:19-23

for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring' Acts 17:28

For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment