Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faithful Blessings in Disguise

As a runner, not being able to run is not fun at all. Sure, we have highs and lows, but for the most part, we want to run. So when I got hurt on Monday, I was bummed. I was resigned to cross training (biking or aquajogging) for at least 3 practices, and the trainer said we'd go from there. I was not happy about this. Aquajogging is one of the most terribly boring exercises in existence, and a stationary bike, please!

But on Tuesday, my sister called and asked if she could come for a visit this weekend. Since I don't have a race, I said of course. And do you know what, my hour long aquajog session turned out to be an awesome time to pray for her and for this weekend, as did my double sessions on the bike. Being injured just gave me more time to seek the Lord, what a tremendous blessing. Only He knew that my sister would be coming, and that we needed some prayer. So faithful!



Lord, I thank You for being present in even what seems to me to be less than ideal circumstances. It's all part of Your plan; I am the work of Your hand, Lord. Bless this time with Jessica, and I pray that You would do whatever it takes that she would see and know You. Your love is better than life. Amen.

For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:11

O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you. Psalm 89:8

No comments:

Post a Comment