Monday, October 17, 2011

Forever Blessed

Nothing like a 2:30 am, wake up call to start fall break off right. I caught an early flight to see my friends in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It's been just one day, but I'm already amazed at how blessed that I am.

My friend Kate picked me up at the airport in Denver, and we had an awesome time just chatting as we got to the Springs. Most of the people I'm here to see live in two houses across the street from each other. I went to the first house, and got stuck. It's not that we were doing anything in particular; it's hard to describe what felt so good. Then I went across the street. With 5 girls from 4-17, things can be a little crazy so when I walked in, there was some ruckus already. Then the oldest said my name, and ran downstairs as the youngest heard from the living room and came running over. They'd sent me a video for my birthday, and Mikayla, their 4 year old said, "Happy birthday Kate the great! I missed it!" At dinner, she sat between her mom and I and said, "These are my favorites. I love them forever", as I had Hana, their 8 year old, on my lap. I ran errands with one of the big kids, Beth, which was great. She helps take care of the kids, so her and I hardly get any time alone together. Then it was family dinner where Alissa, 10, and Stacia, 14, tag teamed saying grace. After dinner, we had a "family activity" - puzzle wars. 2 teams each work on a puzzle to see who can get it done faster. Then I watched a movie with some of the big kids, after we figured out which movies we had Clearplay filters for ( it skips the inappropriate parts of movies).

And I went to bed, thanking the Lord with all that I am. I am nowhere near worthy of these tremendous blessings. I don't deserve any of this. I should be enslaved to sin and darkness, but Jesus took that upon Himself and instead gave me the freedom to bask in His life.

I woke up with this song in my head, "You are good, You are good, when there's nothing good in me...Light of the world, forever reign" Because God reigns forever, we are forever blessed by His presence.



Lord, thank You for all of this, of which I could never be worthy. You grace is a mystery, but it is also sufficient, Lord. I love and praise You forever for who You are. In Jesus' Name, Amen
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. Isaiah 44:3

No comments:

Post a Comment