Thursday, April 28, 2011

O The Blood

Especially when I was young - a new Christian, the thought of Jesus' blood covering me to make me clean really grossed me out. I thought that was so freaky! As I studied the Bible more, I saw in the Old Testament the necessity of a blood sacrifice. Then I saw how Jesus was that perfect sacrificial Lamb. I also dealt with the reality of sin, and how we need some other way to be seen by God. If the Lord were to judge just me, I'd be in trouble. There's no way I would be declared righteous enough to be in His presence.

Which is why words can't express my thankfulness for Jesus Christ. Because through His death on the cross, God looks at me as holy and clean. I can call on the name of Jesus and it is in Him I can do all things in freedom.

That's why I'm proud to say that I'm washed by Christ's blood. It is so precious, so incredible, so marvelous.



Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. John 1:29

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment