Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Praise!

Learning to play guitar has been a complete joy for me. It is such a sincere expression of my worship. I love taking the time to learn a song, and then play it for the Lord. I also help lead worship at InterVarsity. This has been a tremendous learning opportunity for me. God has used this to speak so deeply to my heart.

Like last week's fellowship. I knew I was playing that night; my friend and I had picked out the songs and practiced the night before as usual. I got there and she had decided not to play. No big. She printed off copies of the lyrics as I tuned my guitar and strummed a little when I realized: I didn't have the chords. Silly me, how did I forget the very thing that tells me what to play? The Lord was very faithful and helped remind me how the songs went, and everything was beautiful. We lifted our voices and hearts up to Him, and praise was what we gave Him.

The evening served to remind me that all I can give to the Lord is my life and my heart; He has no need for the things of this world. I don't need to worry about what it sounds like or if it's perfect, so long as it reminds my soul of the glory of Jesus Christ. So praise is the offering we can bring to Him.



For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised;He is also to be feared above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16:25

I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You. Hebrews 2:12

I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. Psalm 104:33

Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with Your glory all the day. But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. Psalm 71:8, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment