Thursday, April 7, 2011

Can I Just Say Wow!?

So pole vaulting has been such a struggle for me lately. I've been leaving practice frustrated and generally in a bad mood. Today was the biggest breakthrough I've had in such a long time though. I had an incredible practice, and I was just glowing. My teammates and coaches could see how happy I was. It felt so awesome to finally be free.

Right before practice, I did a few things. The first was to re-read my information on mental blocks. It said to come up with a word that would be a sign of strength, and calm confidence. I was thinking of what my word would be, and it hit me, "indescribable". If you remember some of the lines of that song, it says, "From the highest of heights to the depths of the seas...You are amazing God". "Indescribable" instantly brought me to the cross, which is exactly where I needed to be. The other thing I did was grab my guitar and play the song "I Will Lift My Eyes". The line I focused on was, "I will lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I can't climb" I guess I just needed to really own the fact that Christ's strength is really all I need. To Him, I am worthy of love and strength and power, that He gives to me. He has won all of my battles for me, and through Him I can do all things.



Jesus is Victor, and He shares that victory with me, so long as I abide in Him. Praise to our Father, Amen!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace. Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment