Sunday, April 3, 2011

All-Consuming

Sometimes it's easy to get back in the gym after a bad meet. Today, however, was not one of those days. I dragged myself there because I know what I need to do and I'm the kind of person who just gets it done. I was just going through the motions when I got the idea to pray over my pole. I've been having such a rough time with it and it's really been wearing me down. It sounds a little weird for me to say out loud, but I want Christ to rule over every part of my life, and I want to invite Him in to consume all of me.

As I prayed, the Lord was working in my heart. When a vaulter makes a good height, people look at him or her. The pole literally gets thrown to the ground and ignored. But without the pole, the vaulter wouldn't have gone much of anywhere. God is my pole. Sometimes it looks like I'm doing something well, but really I'm nothing without His Spirit reigning over my body. All the glory truly belongs to Him, and I exist to show more of HIs love and sovereignty to the world.

I want to feel that all-consuming fire burning deep within my soul. I want to burn for the Lord Savior Jesus Christ. I want Him to take me further than I think I can go, and I want to do more than just go through the motions.



Lord, I want to feel You so far deep within me, moving me wherever You want me to go. You are everything that I need, and Your passion for me is matchless. Help me to love You more.

For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Deuteronomy 4:24

No comments:

Post a Comment