Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thinking About The Lord

What a stunning week I had. Truly matchless. I was completely surrounded in Christ's love. There were happy tears, working through hard things tears, laughter, teasing, caffeine highs, lack of sleep craziness, and whatever elese can get crammed into a week.

The wedding I was at was beautiful, and a tremendous blessing. The morning of, I was the first person the bride saw, and she was simply glowing. Her and her new husband are now enjoying their honeymoon and start of their married life that has been orchestrated by the one and only Lord of all.

But it was more the company I kept that helped me think about the Lord. My friend and I would laugh because for several days in a row, we'd wake up with the same song stuck in our heads. On the day she and I drove from New Mexico to Colorado Springs, it was "When I Think About The Lord". We were just so amazed at everything God had been doing in the week that we'd been together again. Being surrounded by people who were all meditating on God's goodness was a tremendous blessing.

This is a video I took from the wedding. The singer, Annie, is Kelsey's sister. There's a brief shot of Kelsey and Isaac after they've taken communion.


Heavenly Father, You are oh so good to me. Every time I stop and consider Your wonders, I am amazed by Your indescribable gifts. I praise You with my whole heart, Lord. Amen.

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
Psalm 63:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment