Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let The Walls Come Down

I'm reading through Joshua right now, and you're probably familiar with Joshua and the battle of Jericho. The Lord made them victorious by no strength of their own, but by His own power and sovereignty. Ephesians 2 also comes to mind; Jesus Christ brought down the wall between the Gentiles and the Jews. I think it's amazing that God doesn't want any walls to be between Him and His people, but also amongst His own people. The Holy Spirit is in all who are in Christ, so by knowing and loving each other, we love God and worship Jesus, who gave us that Spirit.

A wall came down in my life today; I was able to pole vault from a normal grip. I ran about 10 feet less than usual, but it actually helped because it showed me what my strength really is. To be bend a pole the way I did from a short step like that is a great thing. I'm so blessed my coach suggested that because when you're battling a mental block, the most important thing is to build confidence in any way you can. You just have to learn how to believe that you can do it, and small steps break down big barriers.

What I'm getting at is that there are walls in life. There are roadblocks. I think the Lord wants us to be able to trust Him to work through them. The more we believe in Christ's redeeming love, the more we see ourselves as God sees us. We have to know that we are cherished and strong in the Lord.

The healing begins when our walls are broken down by God's grace.



For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation Ephesians 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment