Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cling To The Cross

I'm still trying to orient myself to where I am and what time it is after a break that took me in and out of different time zones, and that pesky daylight savings time. In 27 days, I'm leaving on another trip to see my friend get married, which means I'll be missing some school. I have a lot of work to do before that happens, and even outside of class there are Bible studies, worship, work projects, Sunday school lessons, relationships, and a whole host of other little things that are demanding my attention. It can be a lot to think about sometimes.

Which is why I've really been drawn to the idea of clinging to the cross. The word cling has this connotation of hanging on for dear life, of knowing that whatever you're hanging on to is your only chance for survival, comfort, and freedom. And that's what the cross of Christ really is. Our Lord is our source of salvation, our hope, our peace, our rest, our love, our redemption, our blessings, our care, our absolutely everything. The cross is our source of life, and that's certainly worth holding on to!

(Sorry, this video is quite corny, but it's the only one with the version I want)



Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment