Sunday, March 27, 2011

Constant

I love reading through my old journals. It's so fun to see how much has changed over the years. I was a cheerleader, president of student council, in love with science, wanting to be an actress. All of these things are part of my past, but it doesn't look they're going to be a big part of my future.

Very few things have stayed the same throughout every single day of my life. In fact, only one thing has always always been there, and that's God. He watched me trying to learn about His Son, He saw me fighting against Him every now and then, and He's seen me striving to know Him more and be more like Jesus. There are days that I read that make me not like me all that much, and the Lord still relentlessly pursued my heart. He stood by me through everything, and I am amazed at the kind of love it takes to love a proud know it all control freak like myself. I'm even more amazed at how much He's been able to change me. I'm still learning so much, but I know the Lord will be there through it all. He's my constant



I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You. Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment