Monday, March 28, 2011

Pull Me Through

I'm going through something not so fun at pole vault right now, but it's something a lot of us deal with at some point: vaulter's block. I do awesome drills, and look better than ever. I move back, and my run is so much faster than I've ever been. And then, I just don't jump off the ground. My coach went through this, and it was a similar issue - we're not used to having a faster run. I'm incredibly frustrated and disappointed, but he has been awesome. We were talking after practice and I said, "I just really want to work through this" and he said, "I want to get through it with you. I'm here for you and I know what you're capable of" I wish I could believe in myself as much as he believes in me.

And I realized how parallel this is to God in our lives. We all go through periods of struggle and resistance, but the Lord wants to work through us. His Spirit of love is all-consuming, and He really does desire the best for us. But He wants us to trust Him. He wants us to hear His voice and believe it. Christ gave everything we had so that we would be free from all things holding us captive. We need to be obedient to Him, and see what He sees in us, people worthy of dying for on a cross. He loved us and cherished us before we ever came into being, and we just have to trust that He knows what's good for us. Listen and go for it, that's what we have to do.

I have a great coach and friend wanting to pull me through this challenge of vaulter's block, and an even greater God ready to pull me through this challenge called life.



Lord God, I know You want to take me further than I think I can go. Let me pray boldly for the courage to do what You've called me to do. I know I'm not strong enough, but You are. In this, Your glory will be showcased and not mine, for I can not do this without Your Spirit. I love You more than life, and the symbols of Your faithfulness You've placed in my life. In Jesus Always, Amen

You in Your mercy have led forth, the people whom You have redeemed; You have guided them in Your strength to Your holy habitation. Exodus 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment