Friday, March 25, 2011

Not One

I love a lot of things. I love reading, coffee, my family, my friends, pole vaulting, playing guitar, and hanging out with kids to name a few. But if I could only love one thing, it would certainly be the Lord.

I often find myself thinking about how much God loves us. He knows us before we are born and forms every single one of us. He knows the hair on our heads, and the plans He has for us. Not only did He make a whole world for us, He made it possible for us to dwell and rejoice with Him in His splendor forever. God knew we would fail Him, so He came up with a plan. He would step down from His throne, and walk His earth alongside us. He would show us what it means to love someone. Jesus' mission was to teach us what love looks like: it is patient and kind; it bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. It has no beginning and no end. Where is love more visible than on the cross, where the blood of the Lamb poured out with every shortness of breath.

There has never been and there never will be another love like this. It just doesn't exist. We don't even have the words to truly describe what it is. I mean, we don't really love Jesus the way we love coffee. We revere, adore, worship, praise, and bow down to Jesus and it is still not enough to capture everything He is and everything He's done for us. There is not one love, not one name, that is higher than that of our Lord and Savior.



Lord, You are the true love of my life. I wish there were another word that would more accurately capture what I mean when I say that. Love has come to be so many things, but in reality, You are love. You love me first, so I love You. Amen

We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

There is no greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends. John 15:3

There is no salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

1 comment:

  1. I love God so much too :) Also, you are so amazing at blogging! I love every single one of your blogs.

    And thanks for your comment! I'm a master at Google image search, lol. I enjoy my pictures too :P

    ReplyDelete