Sunday, May 10, 2015

Psalm 139:1

I just started memorizing Psalm 139 and I'm using verse by verse meditation to do so. Here is the first one in a series of meditations on this beautiful psalm.

O Lord, you have searched me and known me. 

Isn't it something, that the God of the universe condescends to search us and know us. Certainly it is we who should be searching and striving for knowledge of the holy God. And yet He is the one who pursues us. I sat in that knowledge today: Jesus knew that I would mock Him, that I would break His law, that I would make Him look terrible and worthless, that I would run from Him, that I would worship other gods, that I would live in shame for sins He's already forgiven. He knows every single one of the recesses of my heart and yet He calls me His own. I stood out on this spectacular deck (I'm housesitting for rich people this week)
and watched the mountains and the sunset and the water. I moved my body through a flow, this body that was formed by God for His glory, this body that has been redeemed by God Himself in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus has searched me and He has known me and He loves me from the inside out.

From the Inside Out is an old favorite song of mine. I heard it again today as I though on the Lord's knowledge of me and it just fit. The more I open up to the Lord and to His Church, the more peace and rest I find. Jesus, You are beautiful to me. Amen.


A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again 
Still I'm caught in your grace
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame 

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise 
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame 

In my heart and my soul 
I give you control 
Consume me from the inside out 
Let justice and praise 
Become my embrace 
To love you from the inside out 

Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame 
And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise 
From the inside out 
Lord my soul cries out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment