Saturday, March 15, 2014

Post Flu Life

For fun, and for tips on how to avoid foods that will disgust you as you recover from the flu, I've compiled several lists. 

Foods that the very thought of made me nauseous at some point today:
- Toast (too grainy) 
- Couscous (another grain)
- Smoothie (too cold) 
- Banana (too mushy) 
- Spoonful of hummus (just ew) 
- Oatmeal (both grainy and mushy)
- Strawberries (too hard)
- Blueberries (mushy and weird) 
- No Chicken Noodle Soup (too smelly) 
- Broccoli (too leafy)
- Carrots (too dense) 
- Peanut butter (I just can't) 

Foods that seemed ok at first but later made my stomach hurt:
- banana/blueberry/strawberry bowl with granola and vanilla almond milk (note: I had this for breakfast and sounded like a good idea at the time. It was only later that all of these foods repulsed me) 
- chai tea (not latte, just the black tea bags) 
- via with chocolate almond milk

Foods I actually consumed with success: 
- orange juice 
- small quantities of chex mix at work

I am probably one of few people actually happy that my orange juice has 110 calories per serving. I NEED THAT yo. 

So. As you can see, it's been kind of a struggle 

1 comment:

  1. Had the flu a couple weeks ago, lived off of applesauce and plain white rice. Not fun, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete