Friday, March 14, 2014

Catching Up

I caught a mysterious bout of sudden flu this week. In any event, it caused me to fall behind on Lenten readings.

Today, I read days 8,9 and 10.

On Luke 4:1-13, Voskamp writes, "Father, He was hungry and He ate. Of the bread of Your words. Let us too. He was lured with the glitter of this world, and He worshipped. You, and You alone. Let us too. He was dared with Scripture. But He knew all of Scripture. Let us too"

That last reference is most powerful to me. Here, Voskamp is talking about how Satan quotes Scripture to Jesus, telling Him that He could call down angel armies for His help. But Jesus quotes Scripture right back to him, proclaiming that you are not to test the Lord your God.

When I was miserable, and my eyes were wet with tears from all the vomiting and I was just laying there, my little kitty started licking those tears off my face. And because I know the Bible, I thought of God's promise to put Jesus on the throne and wipe every tear from every eye.

Knowing the Bible changes everything, even having the flu.



No comments:

Post a Comment