Friday, March 7, 2014

March 4th Journal Entry

My order of posting has been kind of wonky because... of our internet...sure let's blame centurylink

Anyway -

Sometimes I like to ask myself why I love God. Why have faith? Why be the Christian girl when I could be anyone I wanted, do anything I wanted? And in the end, it's never anything I am or do, or even primarily who He is. I could be in love with His patience, kindness, grace, faithfulness, holiness, beauty, etc, but the highest reason why I love the Lord is because He loved me. Loves me. He loved me in my death and He loves me in my wanderings. He never gives up; rather, He pursues me. He knows the deepest longings of my heart, and He knows everything I've ever said, though and done. And He loves me. Jesus doesn't love me because I'm perfect. He loves me because He's perfect. And perfect love casts out every fear, and how often is it fear that leads us to sin?

We fear rejection, so we idolize praise and affirmation

We fear criticism, so we try harder

We fear loneliness, so we turn to that which does not satisfy

But Christ's love removes every fear. He loves me - whom then shall I fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment