Monday, March 10, 2014

It Feels Like the First Time

So I recently got a new Bible. It's weird because it's so...clean and neat and not missing any pages.

Anyway, the Bible is completely coming alive to me. Even when I read the same passage four times in one week for Bible study, it feels new and fresh every time.

Ezekiel 16 has long been a favorite passage of mine, and today, I was riveted. I was talking out loud, saying, "Wow, that's so neat" My coworkers probably think I'm nuts...talking to a book.

Only THE BOOK. The book that breathes life. The book that is living and active. The word that was and is and will be.

Although I highly recommend you check out the chapter in its entirety, here is an overview:

When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord God, and you became mine. Then I bathed you with water and washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. 

But you trusted in your beauty and played the whore because for your renown and lavished your whorings on any passerby; your beauty became his. 

And in all your abominations and your whorings you did not remember the days of youth, when you were naked and bare, wallowing in your blood. 

You played the whore also with the Assyrians, because you were not satisfied; yes, you played the whore with them, and still your were not satisfied. You multiplied your whoring also with the trading land of Chaldea, and even with this you were not satisfied. How sick is your heart

Adulterous wife, who receives strangers instead of her husband! Men give gifts to all prostitutes, but you gave your gifts to all your lovers, bribing them to come to you from every side with your whorings. 

I will make you stop playing the whore and you shall also give payment no more 

I will restore your own fortunes in your midst

I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the Lord, that you may remember and be confounded, and never open your mouth again because of your shame, when I atone for you all that you have done, declares the Lord God. 

There are four million things happening in these verses. Read, dwell, and fall in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment