Sunday, January 5, 2014

Just doing us

La finally decided to let me leave; this is the fourth flight I've been put on on 36 hours. But I'm safely en route to seattle. 

When I arrived, it had been 7 months since I'd seen Betsy. We were excited, but I think what I really like about is is that we can be us 2,000 miles or 2 feet apart and not that much changes. I told her last night that she's one of my easiest people to say goodbye too. This isn't to be taken offensively; she doesn't make a big deal of it and we know we're still going to talk almost every day and that there will always be a next time. 

That all being said, I needed this. It wasn't one of those ohmygoshisawthepeopleilovewholovemeandimsooooohapppyyyyrightnow. It was more like, I have a really cool friend and we do some interesting things and are thoughtful people. And we can have no plans for a week and have a great time making it up as we go. 

I'm thankful for this. 

And I'm thankful to go back to seattle with liztowne and see all my kids again! Even though it's probably going to be a long week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment