Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Getting Concrete

What does it mean to have resolved to "live with all my might, while I yet do live"? 

What does in mean for the Ruler of all to be my vision? 

I have some practical, measurable, attainable goals to jump start this new year. 

In December, Elizabeth and I made the goals of 

1. Cleaning up (mostly the newspaper) in the living room each day 

2. Doing the dishes before bed 

3. Exercising every day (walking to work, conditioning with our kids, yoga, jump rope; it doesn't matter as long as you're moving)

To that I now add: 

1. Memorizing larger passages of scripture. January will be Ephesians 2. 

2. Staying a little more in touch with a few more people. I've written a letter, sent a Facebook note and exchanged a few texts thus far. 

3. Attend at least one musical event a month. It doesn't matter if it's a rap concert at the Showbox or a cello sonata at a church. 

4. Eat at least 2 actual sit down meals per day instead of just random snacks. 

Let's go, 2014! 

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked...

No comments:

Post a Comment