Friday, January 17, 2014

I got comfortable

Today, I drove out to Issaquah to run Squak Mountain. I had a great run and decided to find a cool local coffee joint and had success in the Issaquah Coffee Company. They make their own syrups and brew Stumptown coffee and have a lot of interesting non-dairy alternatives (hemp milk...). The owner's dog roams the cafe, and the baked goods are all gluten free. Also, the owner is a runner, and he took a ton of time to talk with me about his favorite trails in the Issaquah alps! I think I'll be seeing him quite regularly.

Then I came home and after showering, I bought tickets for a play tonight at the Seattle Repertory Theater as well as a Baroque Orchestra performance. I'm excited to get out and see more of the area in which I live.

Which made me realize that I got comfortable. When I first got here, I was really into going out and trying new things and taking some drives and making some wrong turns and finding new places. But then I found my places. I found the runs that I like and the cozy coffee shops and the nice places to hang out and the cool ice cream shop.

I want to get back to exploring. Seattle is huge, and when you take into consideration the fact that we are SURROUNDED by mountain ranges, there is an infinite number of things to see and and do.

Resolved, to live with all my might, while I yet do live.


No comments:

Post a Comment