Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sabbath Editing

Although I have always valued my homework-free Sundays, and they have served me well, I am currently (taking a break from) editing my thesis. I debated about this for a long time because this is the first time I have done Sunday homework at Beloit College. But here's why I went for it:

1) Sabbath is a GIFT. It is a commandment, but it also a grace given from God. It's not meant to be a rule on which we depend.

2) If I can't break a standard that I have set up for myself, it's a pretty good sign it's probably an idol or a source of religious, spiritual pride.

3) I technically could have finished this tomorrow morning instead, but it would be less stressful to do it now.

4) If I do it tonight instead of tomorrow, I can have a restful Monday morning and get my week started off right.

5) If I waited until tomorrow, I would be stressed about it tonight and not able to truly enjoy the Lord's rest.

6) I have been blessed with a lot of great rest and time in the word and prayer and fellowship over this break

So there you have it.

Someone should bring me some mac n cheese. That sounds so good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment