Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter at Eaton

Well, after spending my free time this semester in meetings, practices, voluntelling schemes, and miscellaneous worship leader/student organizer tasks, the first Easter service at Eaton Chapel on campus in decades has passed. Praise the Lord.

The day started at 8:45, when worship team members arrived at the chapel in our Sunday best for

one. last. practice.

Slowly, the choir filtered in.

And then, pews began to fill.

Familiar faces blended with the unfamiliar and I tried really hard to talk to as many people that I knew as I could. If I missed you, I'm sorry, there was a lot going on.

I taught my co-guitarist how to fist bump and explode (this is hilarious because he has white hair and has been playing the guitar significantly longer than I have been alive).

This was such a beautiful day. Pretty sure this will make it into my top five Beloit moments.

I never thought I would get to proclaim "He is risen indeed" on my campus, with my friends, church, and college faculty.

The music was fantastic, the Scripture was so well done, and powerfully brought to light, and Pastor Tim did a great job with his message.

Also, I didn't trip, and if you weren't there you cannot appreciate this accomplishment. I had to walk across a stage criss crossed with chords numerous times.

What a wonderful day, and what a wonderful Savior is Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment