Monday, November 26, 2012

The Less Fun Side of Being a Senior

I keep trying to edit my last big paper of the semester. 6 of 16 pages are done, but progress is slow.  I am slowly reformatting citations and checking for typos and adding certain sentences and deleting others. It's annoying. I have another minor paper that I need to finish (aka start). And I just bought books for spring 2013. I haven't bought books in a long time...since spring 2011 really (I don't count the $1 French novels for fall 2011), and that was expensive. Slightly less expensive than it could have been, thanks to amazon and kindle, but still.

I am also applying for three different kinds of jobs, and that's making my head spin. I am overqualified for the kind of job I need (seasonal employment...aka Boston Store) and under-qualified for the kind of job I want (my grown up post grad job). In between that is trying to find a campus job, which is annoying because Beloit does a fail job of keeping that section of the website up to date; I email for an application and find the position has already been filled. Ugh.

It would help if I knew what kind of job I wanted. I have applied to Frontline Missions, Samaritan's Purse, World Vision, and various publishers. I feel like I'm grasping at thin air.

I want to go back to village life, when everything was simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment