Wednesday, November 7, 2012

As I Was With Moses

I was reading Joshua 1:5 the other morning, and that one phrase stood out to me

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.


That is an AWESOME promise. I mean, think about it: 

Moses' life was preserved as an infant. God protected him, and valued his life. 

Moses committed a crime, but the Lord redeemed him. God worked all things for Moses' good, and His glory. 

Moses stood with I AM at the burning bush. God revealed Himself to Moses in a new way. 

Moses had some sort of speech impediment, yet he stood before Pharaoh to plead his peoples' cause. God gave him words, and used a weakness as a strength. 

Moses was 80 years old when he led the Israelites. God used a man who should not have been strong as a leader for all. 

Moses went back to Egypt with the knowledge of all that would happen. God revealed Himself and His plan to Moses in just the right timing. 

Moses received the Law right from God. God gave Moses what we needed in order to be obedient, and again revealed Himself in a powerful way. 

Moses led Israel into the promise land, and blessed the Israelites before dying without the promise. God was faithful to reveal Himself, yet left a testimony of the fact that there was more to come. 

As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. God and Moses were tight. And in Christ, you and God the Father are tight. 

Like I said, AWESOME 

No comments:

Post a Comment