Friday, November 30, 2012

Interceding Before the Throne

Ezekiel 17:6, 24 

And it grew and became a spreading vine of low [not Davidic] stature, whose branches turned [in submission] toward him, and its roots remained under and subject to him [the king of Babylon]; so it became a vine and brought forth branches and shot forth leafy twigs.

And all the trees of the field shall know (understand and realize) that I the Lord have brought low the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree flourish. I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.

I read these two verses and was immediately struck by what they imply as to what Christ has done for us and is doing for us daily at the throne of the Father. I journaled the following: 

I am a low branch, temporarily subject to certain matters of this world. But the promise I have in Christ is to be brought high. In Him. He has the victory; He is exalted. And He has secured my place in the heavenly courts. And what a marvel that is! The Great High Priest stands before the the throne of the Father and intercedes for me. Not only did He die for me, and raised me to life, but He lives ever to make intercession for me. Christ's death and resurrection were more than enough for me to never run out of praise for my King, but He is still accomplishing so much for me - DAILY. Not just every day that I live, but every day that He has lived at the right hand of the Father. That will always amaze me. 

The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 
Hebrews 7:23-25 

Before the Throne 

No comments:

Post a Comment