Friday, December 16, 2011

Secret Place

I was sitting in my room today reading some articles about purity (shock) and I felt the Lord calling me out to our secret place. I don't go there every day; it's really special, but when I'm there, I'm all there, and I feel Christ like none other. It's there that I weep in the beauty and sweetness of His presence. As I walked out there, I could already feel my soul brimming with grace, because how I know that I need it.

Having a secret place that drips of the Holy Spirit is so important, no matter where I am. My place here at school has been my secret place since my 5th day here. The Lord gave me a verse that suits it perfectly. I don't take anyone else there, physically or mentally. That's where I go for my time alone with the Lord. I bring my phone for safety reasons, but I put it on "phone call only" and everything else is silent. It's there that I hear the very special, private words of God to me. I touch Jesus and remember what it is to love Him like the first time all over again. I'm in love with His very presence.




But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:6

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah Psalm 32:7

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. Isaiah 45:3

No comments:

Post a Comment