Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Praying For A Friend

I really really really love praying. It's not one of those things that I ever feel like I "have" to do; I honestly want to and enjoy it. I have this one spot where I get on my face and spend some incredible times with my Savior, and I will find myself picturing that spot when I'm away and longing to be there.

I've been spending a lot of time in prayer for one specific person lately. This is something that God has really had to help me enjoy. While I know I am so blessed to be able to serve our holy God, it is often very painful for me. The Lord has allowed me to share in others' burdens in a very real way, and often lets me feel what He feels for them, and let me tell you, it aches! God yearns for His children to come home; Jesus really is calling.

This song is just everything I want for her to know, that Jesus will take her right now, and take every broken piece and make her whole.



I would really love if you could join me in praying for her :)

Father God, I lift Your daughter up to You, because in this very moment You've convicted me - I've been praying 'Whatever it takes' and I believe You're doing that, Lord. Jesus, it's in Your name that I pray for overwhelming peace and hope in abundance. With her sister, her computer, her school, Lord, I pray that she would experience the ease You've given me and that somehow, it would turn her heart toward You. Oh Jesus, You have prepared a place for her, and made a way by which all things are possible. Holy Spirit, rain down on us, that Your fire would be constantly rekindled in my own heart, and ignited in hers. Thank You for lending me Your heart, and teaching me to carry another's burdens. Let me feel her chains; let them be bound around me so that she would know freedom. Lord I commit myself unto You, knowing that I can do nothing without Your grace. I know that Jesus is the only thing that is different between me and her, for I have stumbled many times, and am thus found guilty of breaking the entirety of Your law. It is only the blood of Jesus that can save me, and I now claim His liberty in the Spirit so that You would hear my cries and these supplications. Oh how I long for her to know You, Lord. I rebuke in Jesus' name any forces of darkness that work against her - that feed into misconceptions about who You are or who Your church is. I pray You would soften her heart and call her home in a way she cannot resist. I believe that You have a plan, and that You will do great things in my friend's life. I thank You so much for the privilege to stand in this gap for her right now, and for everything You've done in both of our lives to bring us to this point. God, You are faithful. You are sovereign. And You are able. You can open the blind eyes, make the lame walk, shatter deafness, and shepherd the lost. You can and You will, and I believe that with all my heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.


First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 1 Timothy 2:1

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

“Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price. Isaiah 55:1

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment