Friday, January 21, 2011

God Is Everywhere

Something I'm sure we know, but don't necessarily live in recognition of constantly. I want to, but I can't say that I do.

In the bathroom at my house, we have little magnetic letters that people use to form words or phrases. Today, I noticed someone had written the words "my fear box". In that moment, I felt the Lord's Spirit pulling on my heart. I turned the phrase over and over in my soul, and felt the ways that God has taken care of and provided for me.

I wrote a very short poem based on these sentiments:

I think my fear-box has a hole

Things at night I put away
I cannot find come day.

I think my joy-box has a soul

The blessings that I count and know
Always seem to grow.

Even when I'm not consciously aware of it, the cross of Christ is etched onto my heart and every moment of my life.






It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. Psalm 18:32

No comments:

Post a Comment