Thursday, December 2, 2010

Overwhelmed

College is busy. It's about finals time and people are antsy to get home. It seems like the action never stops and all we want to do is go home for Christmas. Keep this in mind as I tell you a little story about the past few days, while attempting to maintain a minimal level of confidentiality (though some of my main readers are involved :) ).

The leadership team for Christian Fellowship meets every Tuesday evening to plan and pray together. One of our members seemed really down, and he expressed himself in prayer. We all had him on our minds that evening as we considered adequate sleep for once. The next morning, when I saw him he honestly seemed depressed, and the other members were in communication about keeping him in prayer.

Well my good friend invited me to join her for a time of prayer over our lunch break. We talked for awhile, and as she started to pray, I became overwhelmed with emotion. My heart was breaking for our friend, but as she prayed over me, I realized I was also overcome with a flooding of the Lord's pure love. See, I've never had a friend who would do something like what we were doing. I'd prayed for a true friend like this for so long, and as her arms wrapped around me, all I could do was admire the presence of the Holy Spirit. The bonds of the precious love of Christ are stronger and more astounding than any other.



How blessed I am to continually be shown examples of the pure love of Christ, in people, and also in events of live. God is mighty to save us, and good to remind us what His love is and means.

Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments. Deuteronomy 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment