Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hometown Love

For going to school as close as I do, I don't come home very often. I love my family; I'm just that busy.

This weekend I've experienced what I think are some of my favorite things about being in my hometown.I waitressed at a cafe my mom manages, where a semi-regular substitute for my high school came in and recognized me and I was tipped $5 for a latte that cost $3.50. I walked through downtown to the local bookstore,where I bought Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith on a whim. I saw the horse drawn carriage go by time and time again. I put on a cozy sweater and made tea my parents keep in the house just for me. And every time I was in the car alone, I listened to 105.3 KLOVE

If any of you have been listening to KLOVE within the last couple weeks, you've probably heard JJ Heller's latest, "What Love Really Means". I'd find myself with watering eyes every time I'd hear it. Its message is so simple: The Lord is the one who knows what real love is. We can look for it forever, but He's going to be the One to satisfy our acceptance and true love.

There's something about the combination of being home and hearing that message that was so rich for me. I'm the kind of person who likes to please people, but to hear God telling me He'll love me for me simply takes my breath away.



Father, You leave me speechless. I can't even wrap my head around the kind of love You have for me, for all the earth. It's amazing. Thank You. In Jesus' Name Amen


(I know I've used some of these verse before, but I love them so much!)

This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 1 John 4:9-10,16

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard this song before but I love it. God loves us no matter what we have done which is so mind blowing! I agree with you Kate about how home is amazing. Working at Hy-Vee I've been seeing so many old friends which is great. Just driving around time is great. Home is an awesome place :)

    ReplyDelete