Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Still Feel Small

This year, I celebrated my first ever Christmas on the beach. The view from the condo we stayed at was stunning - we were right over the ocean, 18 floors up. By stepping outside, we could see a wonderful sunrise, and from our patio a breathaking sunset.

My sister loved physically being on the beach. Any time she could, that's where she was. On Christmas day we went on a dolphin-watching island tour. As I walked the shore of the isalnd, seeing water for miles and miles, I remembered the song, "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. She sings, "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean" I do.

I wrote in my journal, "I think we all need to find the oceans in our lives, no matter where we live. We need to feel this small so we can begin to see how big God is"

It was certainly one of my favorite celebrations of Christmas. I had to look out and see all that I am not, but then worship the God who IS.



I want more of You, oh Lord. You have created, and You are in control. Even the wind and waves obey You. Let me decrease, so You may increase in my life, God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Sing to the LORD a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. Isaiah 42:10

No comments:

Post a Comment