Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Pal Logan

Logan is one of my newer friends, but she and I have been absolutely inseparable ever since we met! This vacation was hard on us; it was our first time apart. Logan is my guitar. Even when I was just practicing chords, I couldn't put her down, and last night I was exhausted after a day of excitement and travel, but still I took time to play a few songs.

One of the biggest reasons I've fallen head over heels for her is the new dimension it brings to worship. There's something so amazing in figuring out how to play a song, working to make it sound good, and coming back to it again and again that is incredibly pure, adding a dimension of vulnerability and personal connection to the music.

I love that I love playing. And I love that God loves it too. I'm not the best, trust me. Many of my readers have heard me sing, and it's not always the prettiest thing. But I enjoy it. It comes from a real place in my heart. And that is simply beautiful.

I've written one song, and I would love to work on writing more as I learn more about what the Lord is teaching me and what Logan can do ;) I've been a poet for a long time, and song writing has a lot of the same characteristics. It's one of the most accurate expressions of what I'm thinking and feeling. Slowly, God has helped me draw it out and share it with others. Because everything we do and everything we are is all for the joy of our Redeemer and Maker.



Father, I'm singing for You and Your glory. I thank You from the bottom of my heart from the gifts I'm reflecting on right now. For my guitar, which has helped me grow to adore and worship You more every day, but even more for Jesus Christ my Savior. That You would come to earth in Your Son to love to the point of death for me, a sinner, is something I will never get over. We were all so desperately in need of that grace, and You provided in the most difficult way possible. You did something we never could in order to save us all and demonstrate the enormity of Your love for us. I could sing of that forever. And I will. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

And they sang a new song: You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because You were slain, and with Your blood You purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. Revelation 5:9

No comments:

Post a Comment