Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here Comes The Sun

I don't think it's a secret that I'm a sucker for a sunrise. And maybe it's just because it's the start of winter and I'm temporarily blind to spring, summer, and fall, but today I'm going to say that winter sunrises are the best.

Think about it. Your entire world is dark, but it's covered in snow. Then, in the east, you see just a glow of orange transcending the navy, turning it into an ocean green. I could stare out at that forever. But then, as if it wasn't good enough already, streaks of purple and pink come bursting through the sky. The golden orb is still in its corner, but overhead sparks are flying. As the sun rises, the severity disappears and everything begins to be a blended fading pink as our star wrestles with the blue sky.

I wonder how many people missed it this morning. How many were sleeping; how many simply weren't paying attention?

There's a reason I call it Sunrise with the Savior. Yes it's early, but I don't see how I could ever look at daybreak and not feel the Lord's presence.

This is a song that I often listen to during my morning quiet times. It gives me peace; it calms my storms. And it draws me near to God.




From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 113:3

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment