Friday, February 21, 2014

You will, I promise

With joy you will draw waters from the wells of salvation. Isaiah 12:3 

I love Isaiah 12. It's a familiar chapter to me. But I read this verse with new eyes this morning. It is our joy to drink deeply from the living water, to be washed clean, to be saved! 

John Piper has a brief audio commentary on Jeremiah 2:13 - 

for my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water. 

Piper's audio was on an album I had, and I think of it often. I can't find it anywhere, but basically he highlights that we are to drink deeply and be satisfied and filled and delighted in the life given us by Christ! 

Our pastor gives a 6 word summary of the Bible: 

Creation 
Fall 
Promise
Redemption 
New creation 

The 5 sentence version elaboration is: 

God made it good 

We broke it 

He gives us hope in a promise to return and fix it 

Jesus comes and saves us from our sin 

Jesus is coming again to fix everything we broke. 

And we see that even in these two verses from Jeremiah and Isaiah - God gives, we break, he promises, he gives again, and then he'll fix it all. 

How exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment