Monday, February 3, 2014

I Love To Tell the Story

I love this song! We sang it yesterday at church and I just love singing it. Because I do so love the gospel, and sharing it all over again. We all need the gospel. We all need to hear that Jesus saves sinners from ourselves to life. 

1.	I love to tell the story 
	of unseen things above,  of Jesus and his glory, 
	of Jesus and his love.  
	I love to tell the story, 
	because I know 'tis true; 
	it satisfies my longings 
	as nothing else can do.
 Refrain:
	I love to tell the story, 
	'twill be my theme in glory, 
	to tell the old, old story 
	of Jesus and his love. 
 2.	I love to tell the story; 
	more wonderful it seems 
	than all the golden fancies 
	of all our golden dreams.  
	I love to tell the story, 
	it did so much for me; 
	and that is just the reason 
	I tell it now to thee.  
	(Refrain) 
 3.	I love to tell the story; 
	'tis pleasant to repeat 
	what seems, each time I tell it, 
	more wonderfully sweet.  
	I love to tell the story, 
	for some have never heard 
	the message of salvation 
	from God's own holy Word.  
	(Refrain) 
 4.	I love to tell the story, 
	for those who know it best 
	seem hungering and thirsting 
	to hear it like the rest.  
	And when, in scenes of glory, 
	I sing the new, new song, 
	'twill be the old, old story 
	that I have loved so long.
	(Refrain)


No comments:

Post a Comment