Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sunday Mornings

I love Sunday mornings. Right now, I get to walk to church, and even though that will change soon, I will still love Sunday mornings.

I love not being pressured to get up and get moving

I love taking my time, diving into the Word

I love making pancakes and reading the news

I love stopping for a nutella mocha at the muddy cup cafe on the way to church

I love sitting on the comfy sofa and listening to quiet music and reading books that proclaim truth

I love catching myself singing out loud

I love when stevehaus2.0 (I don't know how ok I feel with continuing to call him this ever since I found out he drove like 4 hours to go to a John Mayer concert but I digress) aka Trent opens the door for me and tells me he's been enjoying his weekend when I ask how he is.

I love when Craig tells me about his new job and asks about my apartment search and my roommate's transit

I love when Angeline fills me in on her pregnancy and house search

I love when Gab and Jen appear and we chat

I love when the lights are off because it's cooler and Seattle peeps can't handle heat past 83

I love when church actually started 5 minutes ago but no one is sitting in their seats

I love when the worship team tries to subtly get people to sit and like 4 of us actually do

I love when we start to praise together

I love when Victoria  somehow sneaks into the seat next to mine and whispers excitedly about book club when the announcements are made

I love when our pastor gets choked up during the sermon because he's that passionate about Jesus

I love when the songs start and we reflect

I love watching my church stand before the cross

I love taking communion in front of an old wooden cross and walking back to join the body in worship

I love the after, when we talk and don't want to leave

I love the walk home

I love Sunday mornings

No comments:

Post a Comment