Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mount Defiance

I don't claim to have had hiking experience, but I've been on a few now, and this one was definitely the hardest. I wanted a challenge, and I got it. It's almost 1500ft higher than Mount Si, and much steeper and rockier. Oh, and the scramble to the top is harder too. There are some big pluses, though: you can see mountain views on and off the whole way up - every switchback is pretty stunning. Also, there is a lake somewhere in the ball park of half way. It makes a great place to stop on the way down; I definitely waded pretty far in.

I had a great time, and naturally made a stop at Snoqualmie Brewery and Taproom. They are pretty brilliant, putting that brewery within 20 miles of several mountain range trail heads. I was thinking about their wildcat ipa for the last hour and a half of my hike down.


















No comments:

Post a Comment