Monday, August 19, 2013

Coffee and oatmeal

It's my first Monday morning as a 22 year old with an apartment in her name. My roommate is stirring as I heat baked oatmeal and brew coffee. She catches me eating whipped cream on the oatmeal and off of my fingers. 

I drink the coffee, slowly and thoughtfully. The morning feels so quite, so still. Such a perfect day to be still and know that he is God. 

I've been reading a lot, but not always blogging. Last week, I was reading Malachi and was so struck by it. Not only do we rebel against God, but we are also blind to said rebellion. In Malachi, God's people actually think they are doing things to earn his favor when they are really working against him. They are also completely blind to their Father's love

"I have loved you," says The Lord. But you say, "How have you loved us?" Malachi 1:2a

I drink the coffee and name blessings, graces to myself. 

And I realize just how beautiful you are/and how great your affections are for me

And oh, how he loves. 

They shall be mine, says The Lord of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him. Malachi 3:17 

Saved unto him. To be his. To know and to be known by him. 

And I remember this, read last night before drifting asleep: 


Love that allures and brings hope and causes us to sing. O to grace! 



No comments:

Post a Comment