Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Figuring Things Out, God's Way

I'm not a dreamer. I was so frustrated when I took ap psych in high school and we had to keep a dream diary. Allegedly, everyone dreams, but a lot of people just don't remember theirs. I rarely remember any of mine, but when I do, maybe just a few times a year, they're really important ones.

So when faced with a spiritual battle that wasn't quite over when I thought it was, I cleared my schedule for a night when it became obvious that I needed time with my Savior to figure things out. I was sitting in prayer, and almost right away, I started getting all of these sleeping verses. I felt the Spirit leading me to go to sleep, though I wasn't at all tired enough. After just a few minutes, I fell asleep and was immediately pulled into the inner courts. It's hard to even describe what I was feeling. I literally encountered Jesus one on one, face to face, and He just poured Himself into me. He told me, "You are weak and empty right now, and that's just where I needed you to be. My Spirit will be leading you in more powerful ways than ever before, and giving you the strength that you've been looking for. You know what it is to be tired and broken, now feel vibrance and strength"

Wow.



Thank You, Lord, for meeting me where I am, and in ways I don't always understand or expect. Your ways are higher, Lord Jesus, and I will exalt You forevermore.


And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Joel 2:28 (also in Acts 2:17)

And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekiel 36:27

For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. Isaiah 44:3

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. John 7:38

No comments:

Post a Comment