Friday, November 11, 2011

Intimacy With Jesus

What can I do with my obsession
With the things I can not see
It's a madness in my being
It's the wind that blows the tree
Sometimes you're further than the moon
Sometimes you're closer than my skin
You surround me like a winter fall
You come and burn me with a kiss

And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns for you

Song lyrics. What kind of song do you think this is? If I told you it was from one of the greatest worship bands ever, does it change your mind?

I was struck by the pure, raw, holy intimacy captured in this song. It takes my breath away to think that this is a depiction of the relationship between the singer and the Savior. It just makes be want to know Jesus more, to be present at His feet, to love as He loves. In fact, I hear Him calling me now :)



Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. Luke 10:38

But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in distress, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, when you turn to the LORD your God and obey His voice for the LORD your God is a merciful God, He will not forsake you nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them. Deuteronomy 4:29-32

No comments:

Post a Comment