Friday, August 26, 2011

Rug Burn On My Face

Ok, so it wasn't really rug burn, but I did have the imprint of the carpet on my forehead. Add that to my red and puffy eyes, and I was looking real attractive this afternoon (very thankful for a single lol).

So how does one end up with such a great look? From actually praying on your knees. There are so many ways that God communicates with us, and ways we in turn are communicating with Him, but there is something about having your face on the ground. It is you truly showing who is Lord of your life; it is showing your submission to a will that is not your own. It is service, it is humility, and it is worship. You can pray anywhere at anytime; when I can't sleep I pray laying down in bed, and when it's slow at work I pray as I roll silverware. And worship happens in so many forms - in appreciating nature, in running in thanks to the body God blessed me with, in standing with arms wide in praise. But the act of getting face down on the ground shows a worshipful devotion that is unmatched by any other position. When your face is on the ground, there is nothing to distract you from the voice of the Holy Spirit. It says, "Lord, I am listening to You. Teach me what to pray, that I may know your will. Speak to me, and I will serve You. You are great and I am not. You are strong and I am weak. You are the leader and I am Your follower"

I know I've talked to many people who've referred to prayer as getting on your knees, but who don't actually do it. For many today, it is a metaphorical term, not accompanied by a literal action. I think it's because somehow, we got the idea into our heads that submission is a bad thing. Michele Bachmann is taking heat for maintaining the biblical worldview of wives submitting to their husbands, and the idea of submitting ourselves to a holy God sounds nice, but not if we have to actually give up our plans and desires for His.

But think about it. If I have a personal relationship with the One who knows all, who made all, and can do all, isn't the best place for me to be under His wing? Why would I want to try to forge my own path? What could I possibly think I could have a better handle on?

To know Jesus as Lord is the most humbling and powerful place to be. But to hold back from Him is one of the biggest mistakes we tend to make. But to live lives wholly devoted and submitted to Him should be the daily desire of each of His followers.



“If Jesus is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all” Hudson Taylor

Then shall they know [positively] that I, the Lord their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are My people, says the Lord God, And that you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, are [only] men and I am your God, says the Lord God. Ezekiel 34:30-31

O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker [in reverent praise and supplication]. Psalm 95:6

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. Matthew 26:39

In loud voice they cried, saying, [Our] salvation is due to our God, Who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb [to Them we owe our deliverance]! And all the angels were standing round the throne and round the elders [of the heavenly Sanhedrin] and the four living creatures, and they fell prostrate before the throne and worshiped God. Revelation 7:10-11





No comments:

Post a Comment