Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here On Earth

The more time I spend dwelling on thoughts of God and how He relates to His people, the more amazed I am.

O Lord, how my sin has offended You. You hate my lies, my anger, my pride. It is intolerable to You. But, though I have so often rejected You, Your grace remains to be enough. Lord, how describably grateful I am for Your Son and the cross. Your truth pierces my heart, Lord. I was once held captive, but You have set me free, for Your name's sake, that You would enjoy Your creation to the fullest. I think that's what the world wants to lost sight of - that all of this is for Your glory. We're told it's about us. But it's not, and it never has been. You love us, You delight in usm but life is not about us. It is about You - Creator, Savior, Lord. Just as a painting cannot earn money or gain prestige, neither can I do anything on my own. I am the work of Your hand, Lord, and it is by You and for You all things are created. And for that I praise You, for Your lovingkindness is greater than life, and Your mercy endures forever. Holy Spirit, come, and resotre creaion; reconcile us to our Maker. Revive Your people, Lord. Let us rise up by kneeling down, and submitting ourselves to Your will. Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Let Your glory fill our hearts, let praise continuously stream from our lips as we cry holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty. Revive our souls. I know You are able. You are able, Lord, in all things. You give us abundant grace and abundant life, Lord, and I praise Your name for ever. And in Jesus' name I pray for revival, for Your glory, and Your reign. Amen.


Bryan and Katie Torwalt very recently (very, which explains the lame video) released a worship album called "Here On Earth". Many of the songs were written spontaneously as an outflow of the Holy Spirit during times of worship.



But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute. Psalm 141:8

And now I am coming to you; I say these things while I am still in the world, so that My joy may be made full and complete and perfet in them [that they may experience My delight fulfilled in them, that my enjoyment may be perfected in their own souls, that they may have my gladness with them, filling their hearts]. John 17:13 (Amp)

No comments:

Post a Comment