Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To Prince

Those of you who know me well know that I am extremely passionate about complete purity of mind, body, heart, and spirit. I am 100% committed to giving my entire heart and body to my husband. So for now, that means focusing all of my energy towards getting to know and love Jesus instead of looking to guys for relationships. I am so fulfilled in Christ that I usually don't even feel like I'm missing anything; at times a calling to singleness (for the season or even a lifetime) even feels preferable.

But, in the last few weeks, a lot of my friends and acquaintances have begun relationships or moved to the next level, and these are the days when I really wonder about my own future. I am so grounded in the fact that God has a plan for my life, and I truly believe that He will use me for His plan.

But I am human, and a girl one at that, and sometimes I let my mind wander. I think about how nice it would be to go for a walk with a male someone, or have deep conversation; in these times I turn to this article. I remember how truly amazing it is that God, the Lord over all things, wants to walk by my side. He wants to hold my hand and listen to me. He wants to tell me about what He has in store for me, but also for all of His people. He longs to spend time with me. In Christ, God initiated the most intimate and loving relationship with me that I could ever hope to have.

I had really been struggling with being comforted by the Lord, so this morning I dedicated my prayer time to talking it out. He led me to a verse that I am very familiar with, but needed to take note of once again.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will fulfill the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
God first, everything else a far second.

This post is called To Prince, because I write letters to my future husband, something I've been doing for around six months now. I call him Prince because Jesus is the original- He is my Prince of Peace, and my standard for absolutely everything. I tell him my hopes and dreams and prayers for us, for him. I share what I'm learning from God, how we'll grow together, and most of all, how much I love him. Because I have been captivated by Christ, I feel like I've already fallen for this man I've never met.

This is a song for him

Love you!

We loved because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment