Thursday, November 18, 2010

Meet Me At The Cross

When was the last time you took a trip to the cross of Jesus Christ? When did you last let yourself feel like it was the first time you realized what He's done for you?

I was starting off my morning today and before I even woke up all the way, I had "You Are The Lord" by Jeremy Camp playing not just in my head, but in my heart. "Let all Your people raise their voices, now as Your glory fills this place. Heaven and earth will not be silent, You are the Lord that is Your name"

The word Lord is so so beautiful to me. Master, our superior, but also our owner. God takes ownership of us. We are His responsibility. And He did that through Jesus. Jesus was His Beloved Son, and through His blood, we are adopted into the family of God. In John 15, Jesus says that we are not slaves, but friends. We are friends of the one and only Redeemer and Savior.

That is awesome, epic, fantastic, wonderful, mysterious, beautiful, unwavering, glorious, matchless, and every other word that, put together, would mean unfathomable. And what do we do with that?

Before we make a single move each day, I think we all need to take our hearts in our hands and kneel before the throne. I think we need to let ourselves get emotional about what God's love really is. Because on the cross, Jesus hung in personified love. If we lose sight of what the cross is and means, how do we ever expect to share that with anyone else? If we're not moved by its power, there is no chance of us seeing more lives transformed by the life of Christ our Lord.



Let's do this, my family of God. Let's come together at the cross every single day of our lives.

My Lord, You are so amazing. Your love is more than I deserve, but I smile in that recognition. Let me come to the foot of the cross daily, the place You died and poured out all of Your love for me. Let me be completely overwhelmed by that unconditional sacrificial outpouring of affection. And let my experience be used to further Your Kingdom and Your glory forever and ever. You are my Savior and best friend, and I give You my heart, soul, and life. In the precious name of Jesus Christ Amen .

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10

In love, He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that He lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. Ephesians 1:5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment